1/12/10

Before We Begin

I didn't start out domesticated, or even wanting to be. I was, what you call, "independent". I was voted, by my friends in high school, to be the last one of us to get married, and to never have children. Well, unbeknownst to me, I had already met my husband. We were not high school sweethearts, we were "just friends". Four years later, we were "just married". I never saw it coming, but I'm so glad that it did. A couple years after that we started having children, and haven't really stopped since. Now getting married and having children has somewhat tempered my formerly fiery personality, but it didn't instantly domesticate me. I'm not sure when that happened. It just did. I woke up one day with an apron tied around my waist, a baby in one arm and a broom in the other...and I'm loving it! Okay, not always, but I'm on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment