3/30/10

A Renewed Focus ...

"Turn my heart toward Your statutes, and not toward selfish gain. Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to Your Word." Psalm 119.36-37

I would like to think that in and of myself, I can turn my own heart and eyes. Focus them on Jesus and lose the nasty self-centered focus that tends to be my way of life. But I can't. Like the psalmist, I must cry out to the Lord. Ask for the empowerment of the Holy Spirit to "turn" me away from selfishness that I might embrace the Word of the Lord and a self-less attitude that pervades my heart, my actions, my days. It's actually self-centered of me to think that I can do it. But how often do I try and live like I can do it all! How exhausted I find myself.
This morning was a fresh reminder to ask God to be my guide in the matter of heart changing and heart direction. That He would help me turn my eyes to what really counts today. I can't. But through His power, I can be changed and my heart re-centered on an eternal perspective. Maybe this will encourage some of you today as well.

***on a completely different side note - I am getting ready to start a sourdough starter that HomeJoys inspired me to do. I think I will blog about my failure/success in the upcoming days/weeks! Keep you posted ...***

1 comment:

  1. This could not have come at a better time! I need His grace to accept His grace.

    I'm looking forward to the sour dough post. I've been wanting to make some as well, but I think I'll wait to see how yours turns out.

    ReplyDelete