3/7/11

Growing Weary

On June 15, 2010 I made a list of about six to eight things that I was hoping to have resolved soon or answers for, etc. I put that list in my Bible and I review it occassionally, but not too often lest I get discouraged. I am happy to say that one of the items has been resolved, but the others remain on the list. These happen to be pretty big things, at least in my eyes, and I believe they are big things in God's eyes as well.

Lately I have struggled with growing weary. It seems like this tunnel I am traveling through just keeps going, with no light in sight. I am in the dark before the morning and I'm hoping morning comes SOON! In the midst of my weariness, I know that God is right there with us. Although it is not always easy, we continue to seek God and try our hardest to do His will. Here are some Scriptures that we have found encouragement from:

Psalm 62:1-2

1 Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him.
2 Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.

Jeremiah 17:8

8 They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”


Psalm 40:17

17 But as for me, I am poor and needy; may the Lord think of me.
You are my help and my deliverer; you are my God, do not delay.


Isaiah 40:27-31

27 Why do you complain, Jacob? Why do you say, Israel,
“My way is hidden from the LORD; my cause is disregarded by my God”?
28 Do you not know? Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

I pray that this post will not be a discouragement for those who read it, but rather a reminder that there will be seasons of our lives when we struggle with growing weary, anxious, worried, discouraged, etc. When you find yourself in one of those places, trust that the Living God is there to offer hope and know that this is just the dark before the morning and that the sunrise is going to be beautiful and definitely worth the wait!

2 comments:

  1. Psalm 27:13-14 -
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.
    Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD.

    I will be praying for you, that you will have hope while you wait on the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not discouraging in the least! Instead I was immensely blessed to read of another precious Child of God who is also struggling. I have been dealing with some things lately that have been spirit-draining, and what a relief it is to know that I am not the only one! Thank you for sharing. Thank you for the wonderful verses! Thanks for the honesty and encouragement. Continue to wait on Him, for HE IS ABLE! And He does make all things beautiful in His time.

    ReplyDelete