2/4/10

Raisin Bran Muffins

I recently got a craving for muffins that my mom used to make using Raisin Bran cereal. This recipe makes 4 dozen muffins, but the batter can be stored in a tightly covered plastic container in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks. I have not tried freezing the muffins, but I bet they would freeze with no problem.

Raisin Bran Muffins

15 oz Raisin Bran cereal
1 cup oil
4 eggs
1 qt buttermilk
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups sugar
5 cups flour
3 tsp baking soda
4 tsp baking powder

In a large mixing bowl, stir together all ingredients. Fill paper lined muffin tins about 2/3 full. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-16 minutes.

Clint doesn't like raisins so I picked out most of the raisins and substituted craisins and the muffins tasted great!

(Sorry no pics...I will try to remember to have the camera handy next time!)

2 comments:

  1. My gramma has an almost identical recipe for just plain bran muffins using bran flakes instead. If Clint doesn't like raisins, you could try substituting bran flakes into your recipe. They sound tasty! I'm getting ready to try a new muffin recipe this afternoon. My kids don't like muffins, so we'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound delicious ... I just wish that Eli liked Bran muffins! He has something against them ... maybe someday I'll make up a 1/2 batch and share them with lots of other people too!

    ReplyDelete