5/21/11

Baking Soda + Vinegar = Just About Everything {Part 3}

The last part of this segment doesn't actually have any baking soda or vinegar, but they are still useful and homemade. 


Health Care

cough syrup - We used this a lot this winter!  It works just as well if not better than most of the natural cough syrups that we tried.

toothbrush sanitizer - five drops of grapefruit seed extract in a cup of water.  We do this to extend the life of our brushes.  If I threw away our toothbrushes every time someone had the sniffles we would go bankrupt. {ok, not really}  But this disinfects the toothbrush daily to keep those germs at bay.

vapor rub - small amount of coconut or olive oil and and several drops of eucalyptus oil - mix and apply to chest.

vapor steam - add a couple drops of eucalyptus oil to the water in your steam vaporizer.  

diaper rash cream - No special mix here, just plain coconut oil.  It is the only thing that can be used with cloth diapers and it works really well.  


Hand sanitizer - {Crunchy Betty} - I haven't made this one, but it is on my list.  It would be nice to keep in the diaper bag to use after those emergency changes.


I'm sure there are many more things that could be added to this list, but these are the ones that we use most frequently.  









2 comments:

  1. All week long ... awesome ideas! Thanks for sharing all your creative ways (whether thought up on your own or from someone else) that you make your own stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss this post?! Glad I saw it now at least! I'm so glad you took my "101" hint to share all your tips with me! smug smile.

    ReplyDelete